2017 is around the corner and during the past couple of months, I’ve been doing ALOT of self-reflection. 2016 was a very interesting year for me. I would say it was definitely a year of many “lessons” for which I am very grateful for. There were great highs and of course some lows. But even my low moments have inspired me because I gained wisdom from the mistakes I made in those situations. Every new year, I always have goals, but this year I wanted to try something different by actually writing them down and sharing them with you all. I once heard if you write your goals down, there’s a greater chance that you will achieve them.
1. To live out my true potential and not be afraid of my own greatness
2. Challenge myself to grow beyond my comfort zone
3. Grow a deeper relationship with God because he is my strength
4. Be open to failure because it is the avenue to success
5. Live in my truth and be unapologetic about it
6. Accept my flaws and learn to embrace them instead of hiding them
7. Truly understand the meaning of love and how to love myself and those around me
8. Create and live by my OWN definition of success
9. Understand that people’s opinion of me do not have any impact on my life unless I allow them to
10. Learn to forgive those who have hurt me and move on
11. Maintain a positive mindset about life
12. Always go for my dreams no matter how big or impossible they seem because there’s always a chance I’ll succeed
My plan is to use this upcoming week to really meditate on the goals I’ve written down in my journal. I’ll be unplugging from all social media outlets to create the quiet space I need to really reflect. My prayer is that during this quiet time I am able discover ways to actively pursue these goals in my new year. I wish you all a very Merry Christmas in advance and I hope you have a wonderful new year!
What are your 2017 New Year’s goals? Leave a comment below or #ShineWitGrace on any social media outlet to share xoxo